Asbestos has been used in the manufacture of more than 3000 products because of its durability,
fire resistance and excellent insulating properties.
Be aware of any property built prior to 1990 – some areas of concern:
- Eves, flues, downpipes guttering water and sewage pipes
- Cladding in bathrooms
- Inside walls
- Bitchium -based water proofing
- Vinyl floor tiles in good condition
- Sprayed insulation materials
- Cement roofing
What we can do:
- Following an inspection, we will send you a report confirming whether asbestos is present in the property.
- We take samples to test offsite if there are any areas of ambiguity. This attracts an additional charge.
- If we detect asbestos we can recommend a qualified asbestos removalist who will complete the job according to council regulations
We will inspect the area of concern both inside and outside. If asbestos is discovered and testing is required we will need the approval of the owners for removing samples from the house. We will send samples for testing and submit a report on the type and areas containing asbestos.
DEMOLISHION OR REFURBISHMENT
Find out if any asbestos is fixed or installed BEFORE starting work. We can advise if asbestos is present and if needed organize safe removal.
REMOVAL OF ASBESTOS
THIS must be performed by an asbestos removal licence holder. We can organize this for you.
MANAGING AND REMOVING ASBESTOS IN THE WORKPLACE
People who manage or control a workplace and any employer who has management or control, must control asbestos risks. Any risk associated with the presence of asbestos must be eliminated by removing the asbestos. If it can’t be removed and any risk remains, it must be enclosed. We will provide you with an asbestos register and a detailed report -
- On the location of any asbestos
- The type of asbestos
- The nature of the asbestos (friable or non-friable)
- The condition of the asbestos
- Work activities that may affect or cause damage or deterioration to the asbestos
Review the register whenever there is a change to the condition, or if it’s removed, enclosed or sealed. Regardless of any changes, the register MUST BE REVIEWED EVERY FIVE YEARS AND REVISED IF NECESSARY TO KEEP IT CURRENT!
OUR SENIOR INSPECTOR – HAS NATIONAL ACCREDITED TRAINING CPCCDE3014A